The Goal...to COMPLETE a triathlon.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Why you ask...well besides the fact I really want to get back in shape after having my beautiful daughter...it really seems like it would be fun. I never thought the idea of participating in a race would be so intriguing, but I cannot wait to start the process.

The Inspiration: I recently met a mother of 5 boys who competes in triathlons on a regular basis and she looked so healthy and happy...not to mention, she was ripped!

The Plan: To complete an 11 week training schedule that includes running 3 times a week and biking and swimming twice a week with two days of weight training.

The Partner: My wonderful husband and anyone else who is interested.

The Goal: A sprint...this means a short run, short bike, and short swim (key word...short). The date is August 14, 2010, and the breakdown is this...
Swim: 400 meters
Bike: 16.2 miles
Run:3 miles

The Next Step: There are multiple things you need to even start training for this competition, including a competition swim suit (no more bikinis), a new pair of running shoes (Asics are my favorite), a road bike (saving up for this one), and a helmet of course.

I plan to keep everyone posted as we go along, so look for pictures and updates about training!






post signature