Beautiful Chaos

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

We have made it back to Alabama, and I finally have time to post about our wedding. It could not have been more perfect. I had heard time and again that no wedding went without at least a minor disaster, but I must say that our wedding went very smooth. If there was a disaster it was definently hidden from me. The festivities began the night before. Keith's mother put together a wonderful rehearsal dinner with chili, taco soup, and grilled cheese sandwiches. I know it's not your typical dinner, but it was so wonderful. The food was amazing and the company could not have been better. That evening the guys took off to see the new Rambo movie. I heard reports that it was incredibly bloody. The girls on the other hand headed to the Varden's house for one last "girly" spend the night party. We spent the evening laughing, "duck taping", and trying to relax. Of course I did not sleep...I might have gotten in one hour. We woke up that morning, and I don't believe I have ever been that calm. My friends will tell you that calmness is definently not a quality that I possess. All the bridesmaids and myself spent the morning getting our makeup done and fixing hair. We all met at the church to finish getting dress...and then started, possibly, the most emotional day of my life!

Keith and I chose to see each other before the ceremony...I know it's not very traditional, but we are not traditional people. This may sound incredibly sappy, but the moment that the doors were opened and he turned around all was forgotten. The stress, tears, and nerves vanished as I walked down the aisle to meet him. He hugged me and held me while I cried...Keith never cries!! After I quit crying we began to laugh because I realized that I had forgotten to put on deoderant on the most important day of my life. We spent the rest of the afternoon laughing and taking pictures...which I will post when I figure out how! The ceremony began at 2:00 and felt like it was over by 2:05. The pastor who married us is the man who introduced to each other...thanks Andy! The ceremony was beautiful and very emotional...I cried but Keith held strong. The moment that he introduced us as man and wife was beautiful. Our ceremony was meant to bring glory to God and He was definently in that place.

The wedding was followed by a black and white reception. The guys changed from their tuxes to t-shirts and the mingling began. Everyone told me that I would not get to eat at the reception, and they were definently right. I had a bite of cake (for the picture), a bottle of Sprite, and one Sweet tart sucker. The party was wonderful. There were so many people there, and we felt so blessed to have them all witness our special day. The whole day went by so fast and before we knew it we were driving off in the 50's Buick limo looking back at our guests and our family as they waved goodbye. It was beautiful. I could not have asked for anything else. I married my soul mate in front of all the people that we love. Keith and I have one desire and that is to serve our Lord and Savior. We have begun a new journey and we cannot wait to see where God takes us. Please keep us in your prayers.

The Vardens

0 comments: