No Worries

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I posted about the wedding, but now I have to write about the HONEYMOON. It was absolutely wonderful. We spent the first night at the Tutwiler, which I highly recommend. The next day we caught a 6:00 flight (we were exhausted) and headed to Jamaica. I know that Alabama is not the coldest state in America, but I am extremely cold natured and the heat in Jamaica was a nice change. We arrived in Jamaica around 3:00 that day. We were hearded onto a bus where we spent the next hour and 45 minutes traveling to our resort. As Americans I believe that we definently take our lives and freedoms for granted. Here Keith and I were traveling to a lavish resort, while we passed shacks made out of sheet metal and children walking barefoot down the street. Keith and I have a heart for missions, and we felt incredibly guilty about enjoying all the good food, warm weather, and comfortable shelter, while these individuals struggled to make a dollar. Jamaica's economy relies on tourism, and I am passing on the word to travel there and feed their economy. These individuals were so kind and so eager to help us. They were all so relaxed and laid back and never complained about the job they were doing or their lifestyle. Many of them were very eager to discuss their life and the hardships they face, but not a single person said that they would flee to a better place if they had the chance. Many say that they have had family members travel to America to earn money, but they always come home to Jamaica. Keith and I left Jamaica feeling very blessed about the life that God has given us. We have so much more than we deserve.

The week in its self was wonderful. We spent the majority of the days relaxing on the beach and trying not to get burned. We spent one day at a world famous attraction called Dunn's River Falls. This was a 1,000 foot waterfall that we climbed hand in hand. The water was freezing but the environment was beautiful. Keith and I purchased a special pair of water shoes for this occasion...they were hideous. Needless to say, they did not make it back to America. Part of our relaxing week involved a massage on the beach. It was a little nerve racking having a thin sheet placed over you while the rest of the resort was free to watch, but it was amazing. After a long week of wedding planning and final touches, we both needed the massage. The resort did not have very much of a night life, unless you enjoyed drinking...ALOT! Keith and I spent a lot of time at the ping pong tables, which I am proud to announce I won a whopping total of 4 games out of about 16. Keith is definently not a believer of letting the girl win, but I love him. About Wednesday we both decided that Jamaica was nice, but we were both ready to get settled back in Gardendale. It was great to get away from the "world" for a little while, but there is no place like home.

0 comments: