A Beautfiul Day

Monday, March 3, 2008

The past two weeks have been relatively peaceful. We have been busy but nothing out of the ordinary. Keith and I, after a long discussion, decided to add another member to our family. Last Thursday we picked up our 8 week old Weimaraner. Her name is Bella (We have a Brittney Spaniel named Bailey). She is a dark silver and she has bright blue eyes. She weighed in at 14 lbs, and her feet are giant...she is going to be huge. Our two girls love to play together. Bailey wins most of the fights right now, but that will soon change. We took the dogs down to this large patch of land in our neighborhood yesterday. It was absolutely beautiful. The day could not have been any better. The sun was shining and it was so warm. We took a blanket with us and laid out in the sun. The dogs ran and played. Bella experienced the creek for the first time...she did not seem to like it very much. It was wonderful, but I got to work this morning and my dreams of an early spring were shattered...I was informed that it will be snowing in two days...you got to love the Alabama weather.

I made a big step today. I finally applied to UAB. For those of you who do not know, I am planning to go back to school for my master's degree as a nurse practitioner. I have been in school since I was 5 years old, and I have not stopped. I will be finishing my last prerequisite this Spring, and I will, hopefully, be in the ADN-BSN-MSN program this Summer. Please keep this situation in your prayers. I truly desire to be in God's will and not my own. I should know more about my application within the next 48 hours. If and when I get accepted I will then apply to the ADN mobility program. I will be in school for another two years, and then I am NEVER going back. Keith will finish school in December...thank the Lord! I know that he is exhausted and ready to finish. We are praying that God has His will on our lives. We have always known we could potentially move from Birmingham to another city or even state. I am the kind of person who NEEDS to know exactly what is going on...needless to say God is teaching me a lot. He is in control of this situation. If he calls us to move while I am still in school, then He will provide, so that His will can be fulfilled in my life.

0 comments: