Birthday Week

Monday, April 28, 2008

Yes it is my BIRTHDAY WEEK! I will finally be turning 21 on Thursday, and I am very excited! We actually celebrated my birthday with all of the family on Saturday. My brother and I are exactly 6 years and 5 days apart, so we always celebrate our birthdays together. This year was no different. We all (by all I mean my incredibly small family of 9) met at the lake and grilled out! It was really cloudy, so there was no laying out or boat riding, but it was still a really good day! The only down side was Keith was not able to be there. He was actually working at a block party that the church was hosting, so I cannot really complain.

Later that night, we went to eat with my best friend Amy and her boyfriend Sean! We ate dinner at the Village Tavern (which we highly recommend...definitely get the crab dip). We finished the evening with another trip to Whole Foods, but the highlight of the evening was Amy inviting us to go to the beach this weekend!!! Keith and I had discussed the possibility of going down for my birthday, but we really never made any plans. Amy's family rented a house in our favorite location and they have an extra room! So, Keith and I are going to leave late Thursday night and meet them all at the beach. I really do not think Amy and her family know how excited I am about this trip. First of all, I absolutely love these people! Second of all, we are quickly approaching May 7 (the day that I start classes at UAB), so this trip is perfect! I will be with people that I love (including my wonderful husband) and I will not have to worry about school or work! It will be glorious! Needless to say...I cannot wait for Thursday!

Sunday was also a very good day! My parents and my brother and sister-in-law actually came to eat lunch with Keith and I. I officially have cooked my second successful roast. Keith said that this roast was much better than the first (I guess that is a compliment). The food was great, but the company was the best part. As a child, we always ate Sunday dinner together. Jonathan and I got older, and Sunday dinners ceased to exist, so yesterday was definitely a blessing!

I also have a few more plans for my birthday week. I am working for the next 3 days, but on Thursday I am going to drive back to the lake and spend a little time with my daddy on my birthday. That afternoon my mom is going to meet me after she gets off work, and we are going to pamper ourselves with a pedicure and manicure (my last pedicure was the week of my wedding, so my feet are in desperate need of some work). And then that evening we will leave for the beach!

21 is not looking so bad after all!



P.S. Happy Birthday to my kindergarten teacher (we share the same birthday)!

0 comments: